Hi Class! So my inability to talk loud on Wednesday was actually me getting sick 😦 … which is why this post is a day later than I wanted it to be. You guys seemed a bit apprehensive about using the green screen, so I wanted to explain why and how green screens are used. This is supposed to be a fun project (you can create almost anything without even using Photoshop) 😉 . I love this commercial by Dell. You can make big ideas come to life with green screen!
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: Behind the Scenes Full Movie B-roll
Clips from behind the scenes — you will see lots of green screen.
- We will be working together in class to combine our pictures and backgrounds.
- I KNOW THAT IT MAY SEEM HARD RIGHT NOW. DON’T WORRY. This week was basically just shooting our green screen pictures. Plus, I was kind of losing my voice so it was hard to explain everything.
- I am posting your pictures below. Right-click on your pictures to save them to your computer or click on them to open the link and then save them to your phone/iPod/iPad/device by pressing on them until the “save image” option pops up. Then import them to your green screen app.
- If you are confused or having trouble with your app, don’t worry. We will go over this in class.
- I am posting some sample backgrounds below (scroll down) for you to use if you’d like.
How to make your own backdrop stand… I made our backdrop stand out of PVC pipe for about $26 (with tax). I followed the directions on this blog but made my vertical pieces a bit longer to make the stand taller (I knew Micah would be taller than the original plans). I bought our green screen muslin backdrop on Amazon for less than $20 (Prism brand). http://www.dandelionsonthewall.com/2012/04/diy-photography-backdrop-stand-pvc-pipe.html?m=1
- Find or make a background picture to combine with your green screen picture. If you’ve already done this, just come to class with your background pic and your green screen pic. 🙂
- Need ideas? Here are some examples and pictures you could “re-create” using a green screen:
GREEN SCREEN EXAMPLES
IDEA: Cliff-diving background!