This past week we looked at different types of “portraits” and started using attachable lenses. Since we chose to focus on using the new lenses (FUN!!), next week we will look at more examples of portraits and do a DIY portrait set-up. If we have time, we will do an indoor setup and go outside as well.
I’ll be showing you some cool portraits made with DOUBLE EXPOSURES. The FREE app to make these is called DXP (there’s a free version and a paid version but the FREE version will be fine).
- Portraits do not have to be “traditional” with your subject facing the camera — scroll down for the links I showed you in class.
- DIY portrait set-up — IKEA lamp against gray wall & Photoshop Touch app
HOMEWORK: Send me your awesome pictures you took on Wednesday! Also, try to include people in your pictures this week. 🙂 Send me 3-6 of your best pictures by Tuesday evening. See you Wednesday! 🙂
- Download free DXP app if you want to. Here’s an article showing how to use it and the AWESOME portraits you can make with it. Don’t worry about the Snapseed app. VSCO can edit exposure and color as well.
- NO CLASS — Wednesday November 26th
- December 3rd is the only day we meet in December.
— DIY PORTRAIT SET-UP
— USING A LENS – Macro, Fisheye, Wide Angle, Zoom (Telephoto)